VA Awards: Additional Terms & Conditions for Judge Participation 2019-2020
- All persons agreeing to serve as a VA Awards Judge will join the VA Awards Panel of Judges and shall abide by the following terms and conditions.
All Judges are invited by the Chairperson to join
the Panel of Judges. Potential judges must disclose
any possible conflicts of interest. Judges cannot
review any UK VA Award Candidates that they have
worked with in any way within the preceding 5 years.
- Review of candidate’s entries: By agreeing to participate as a member of the Panel of Judges, you agree to review every nomination in every category you are assigned to by the Chairperson.
- Conflicts of Interest:
A Judge must
withdraw themselves from discussing, reviewing and voting on particular
candidate VAs with which he/she could be perceived of having a conflict of
interest. All members of the Panel of Judges must promptly notify the
Chairperson in writing of any existing or potential conflicts of interest so
that the organisers can determine whether a real or perceived conflict of
interest exists and what action the Chairperson and the Judge shall take to
obviate or remedy the conflict. A conflict occurs, for example, where the
category includes an entry from a business colleague, associate, client, mentee,
close friend or family member.
No Judge will review nominations where a conflict has been identified.
Conduct: Judges are asked to carry out their judging responsibilities in a professional manner. If a Candidate VA reacts in a way that a Judge deems inappropriate, please notify the Chairperson of the infraction. If a complaint is lodged against a Judge from a Candidate VA, the organisers will fully explore the matter and take appropriate action, for example, dismissing the Judge from the Panel and/or Award category.
- Permitted and Prohibited Uses:
must abide by the terms and conditions of the UK VA Awards. Judges must not
engage in any activity that would be considered to be a violation of: privileged
or competitor sensitive information; UK or international copyright law; nor
infringe any intellectual property rights of the UK VA Awards and all associated
parties, persons and sponsors at any time now or in the future, without prior
written permission from the Chairperson. All rights are reserved to invoke legal
redress for any associated financial loss or damages to the brands and the UK VA
- Recusal: If, at any time during the VA Awards review and/or voting process, a Judge believes that he or she cannot comply with any of these terms and conditions the Judge must notify the Chairperson immediately and submit a letter to the Chairperson of the Panel of Judges recusing themselves from discussing, reviewing and voting in the VA Awards competition, and returning any documents to the Chairperson.
- Gifts: A Judge shall not accept any fee, gift or personal benefit that is connected directly or indirectly with the performance of the Judge's duties and Award selection process.
- Privacy: All Judges must read and
appropriately respect the Privacy Policies and
Notices of the UK VA Awards
In the event of any dispute relating to an Award being decided, the majority vote of the associated acting Panel of Judges’ decision will be final. In the event of a tie, the Chairperson will have the casting vote.
- Qualifications: All Judges are invited by the Chairperson to join the Panel of Judges. Potential judges must disclose any possible conflicts of interest. Judges cannot review any UK VA Award Candidates that they have worked with in any way within the preceding 5 years.