Suzy Brain England OBE C Dir FIoD
We are delighted that Suzy Brain England OBE C Dir FloD has agreed to join our Panel of Judges.
Suzy Brain England is an experienced board chair, non-executive director, consultant and mentor to senior business people. She received her OBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for public service with the Department for Work and Pensions in 2009 and was named Non-Executive Director of the Year in Yorkshire. Suzy is a Fellow of the Institute of Directors and a Freeman of the City of London.
She is the founder of Cloud Talking video mentoring, board support and counselling service.
She is also Chair of the Board at:
• Derwent Living
She is a non-executive director for:
• Barnsley NHS Foundation Trust Hospital.
She is a Chartered Director, mentor and assessor for the Institute of Directors and a Lay Chair for doctor recruitment and training in Yorkshire and the Humber.
Suzy was formerly:
• Chair, Berneslai Homes, Barnsley Housing ALMO
• Chair, DWP Decision Making Standards Committee
• Chair, Bradford Strategic Partnering Board
• Chair, Kirklees Community Healthcare Services
• Chair and NED, Community Health Partnerships LIFT Companies
• Acting Chair/Non-executive director, Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
• Chair, Connexions West Yorkshire
• Chair, Ofcom's Advisory Committee for England
• Chair, Voice UK
• Non-executive director, Avanta Enterprises
• Member of the Chartered Director Committee
• Ambassador, Cabinet Office Equalities Unit Public Appointments
Suzy started her career as a journalist. She has an MBA, BA Hons, and Diploma in Company Direction. She regularly speaks on governance and has successfully utilised a Virtual Assistant.